Plumbing Services in Chatham-Kent
Is your clogged sink starting to get worse, or do you see evidence of water damage from a leak? You need an expert plumber to inspect and repair the problem or perform plumbing installations. Call our experts at Postma Heating & Cooling for same-day services in Chatham-Kent, ON. We will “Maintain it. Repair it. Replace it.”
Is your water heater no longer producing hot water? Call our Chatham-Kent plumbers to schedule an appointment.
We offer the following plumbing services:
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
- Water Leak Detection & Burst Pipe Repair
- Water Line Repair & Installation
- Gas Leak Detection
- Gas Line Services
- Drain Cleaning
- Hydro Jetting
- Sewer Line Repairs
- Sewer Video Inspection
- Trenchless Pipe Repair
- Repiping Services
- Kitchen Plumbing & Garbage Disposal
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Clogged Toilet Repair
- Backflow Testing & Repair
- Sump Pumps
- Septic Tank Plumbing
- Slab Leak Repair
- Water Softeners
- Water Filtration Systems
- Commercial Plumbing
Plumbing Troubleshooting Tips
When you notice a minor plumbing problem around your home, do you immediately call for plumbing repairs? Before you call a plumbing company, there are some tips you can try on your own:
- Dripping faucets: If your faucet is dripping, it can be due to a worn-out O-ring or a clogged aerator. You can try to replace these on your own, or if you’re not comfortable, our experts can install a new component for you.
- Running toilet: If your toilet keeps running, it can be wasting water. This is typically related to the flapper. You can inspect the flapper and determine if it’s stuck, or you can replace it.
- Clogged pipes: You can try to dislodge or remove the clog by using a DIY kit, or using a homemade drain cleaning solution. You should not use an over-the-counter solution.
- Sump pump: Make sure it’s plugged in, and if it has battery back-ups, that the batteries are working correctly.
How To Prevent Clogged Drains
A clogged bathroom sink or kitchen drain can cause issues around your house, from foul odors to water damage. Fortunately, you can avoid these problems by using these tips to prevent clogged drains:
- Keep food scraps out of kitchen drains, even if you have a garbage disposal. Instead, scrape the excess food into the trash can.
- Install screens over drains in showers and tubs to prevent the hair from going down.
- Only flush sewage and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Schedule regular professional drain cleanings.
When you suspect there is a leak on your property, contact us to schedule water leak detection and burst pipe repairs in Chatham-Kent.
What To Expect During a Plumbing Inspection Service
Our residential plumbing contractors at Postma Heating & Cooling suggest scheduling plumbing inspection services to ensure your system is working as expected. During these services, you can expect technicians to:
- Check your home’s filtration systems.
- Inspect your fixtures, drains, toilets, showers/ tubs, and supply lines.
- Examine your drainage and ventilation systems.
- Conduct a video inspection of your sewer lines.
- Check your water heater. Our technicians will perform both electric and gas water heater services, hot water heater repairs, water heater maintenance, and hot water tank replacements. In addition, we offer instant hot water repairs and tankless water heater services.
When you need residential plumbing services, drain cleaning services, or water heater repairs, call Postma Heating & Cooling at 519-354-9491 for plumbing repairs and replacements in Southwestern Ontario, Canada.