Furnace Repair in Chatham-Kent, ON
Is your furnace ready for winter? Schedule furnace repairs, tune-ups, or maintenance before the cold weather arrives. Keeping your unit properly maintained can prevent problems later! Call Postma Heating & Cooling for furnace repair services in Chatham-Kent, ON. We offer same-day services to get your unit up and running quickly.
Is your furnace breaking down? Call us for furnace installation services in Chatham-Kent.
Ways To Keep Your Furnace Maintained
It’s essential to perform maintenance tasks on your furnace to keep it running properly. The contractors at our furnace service company recommend doing the following:
- Schedule a yearly inspection or furnace tune up with a professional in the late spring or early fall.
- Change the filter at least every three months.
- Install a carbon monoxide monitor. This should be inspected by a professional during your annual tune-up.
- Have a heating contractor inspect your furnace ducts to ensure they are sealed properly.
- Check the blower for any obstructions. If needed, apply lubrication.
- Inspect the inside of the unit’s chamber for defects that could include rust, holes, and separated seams.
- Clean the burners with fresh water to remove dust and dirt.
- Clean the sensor and pilot with a wire brush and emery cloth.
- Check the “high limit” to prevent overheating.
- Check the gas meter to monitor the rate of fuel usage.
- Clean the area around the system to keep it free from debris.
Common Furnace Issues That Require Repairs
Unfortunately, your gas furnace can encounter issues from time to time that require professional repairs by a furnace contractor. Some of the most common problems they experience are:
- Short cycling: If your system runs for less than three minutes before turning off, it can indicate a malfunctioning heat exchanger or a broken thermostat.
- Irregular flames: If the flames are uneven or lean toward the back of the system it can indicate a cracked heat exchanger, which can lead to serious problems. If you notice this, you should call a professional immediately.
- Unusual sounds: If you hear rumbling, popping, or whistling coming from the unit it can indicate a number of issues that should be inspected by a professional.
- Cracked heat exchanger: This can lead to a serious issue like a carbon monoxide leak. This should be inspected by a professional as soon as possible as it can cause serious health issues for your household.
Is a heat pump the right solution for your home? Contact us to ask our experts.
Ways To Save Money on Your Utility Bill
When winter arrives, you need to run your oil furnace to keep your house warm and comfortable. However, this can cause your utility bills to increase. Fortunately, there are ways you can reduce these costs:
- Installing a programmable thermostat. This will provide better climate control.
- Checking your air ducts to ensure there are no leaks.
- Properly insulating your property to keep the warm air in and the cold air out.
- Performing regular maintenance on the system at least once a year.
- Changing the air filters regularly.
- Opening the curtains or shades to let sunlight in adds heat to your building.
When you need electric furnace repairs or maintenance, call Postma Heating & Cooling at 519-354-9491 for appointments with our furnace contractors in the Municipality in Ontario, Canada. We guarantee satisfaction with every call!