Our Service Areas
When your HVAC system fails, your plumbing system springs a leak, or your electrical system is overloaded, you need help from trained professionals. Postma Heating & Cooling has you covered. We provide expert plumbing, HVAC, and electrical services to Chatham-Kent, ON, and the surrounding areas. Our technicians can identify problems and repair them to get your system up and running quickly. We offer same-day services for your convenience.
Read our testimonials to see why our customers call us first when they need plumbing, HVAC, or electrical services.
Proudly Chatham-Kent & Surrounding Areas
We provide quality plumbing, heating and air conditioning, and electrical services to the following areas:
- Chatham-Kent: Plumber | Heating & Cooling | Electrician
- Wallaceburg: Plumber | Heating & Cooling | Electrician
- Blenheim: Plumber | Heating & Cooling | Electrician
- Tilbury: Plumber | Heating & Cooling | Electrician
- Ridgetown: Plumber | Heating & Cooling | Electrician
- Thamesville: Plumber | Heating & Cooling | Electrician
- Wheatley: Plumber | Heating & Cooling | Electrician
- Dover Centre: Plumber | Heating & Cooling | Electrician
- Dresden: Plumber | Heating & Cooling | Electrician
- Kent Bridge: Plumber | Heating & Cooling | Electrician
How To Keep Your Air Conditioner Running Safely
Is your air conditioner running properly – and safely? While it’s important for your AC system to run correctly to keep your house cool all summer, it’s essential for it to run safely to protect your household or building. Some tips our AC contractors provide to keep your AC unit safe are:
- Schedule a tune-up during the spring to identify any potential issues with your system.
- Change the filter regularly, or at least every three months.
- When having your unit serviced, disconnect all power sources.
- Read the manufacturer’s manual and follow all recommendations.
- Pay attention to if your system starts running differently or making odd noises. This can signal you need to schedule professional services.
Dangerous Furnace Issues That Require Immediate Repairs
Your furnace is a crucial system in your house, but it can also be one of the most dangerous. There are a lot of gasses that run through your system and a lot of parts that can malfunction.
From sensors to motors to pilot lights and more, there are numerous components that can require repairs.
But, one of the most dangerous issues a furnace can have is a cracked heat exchanger. If this occurs in your unit, you need to have it repaired immediately. This can lead to a carbon monoxide leak. This is extremely dangerous and can even be deadly to your household.
If you suspect you have a cracked heat exchanger, or if there are other issues you need to be repaired in your furnace, you need to call our furnace contractors at Postma Heating & Cooling for repairs as soon as possible.
Are AC replacements not in your budget right now? Contact us to learn about our financing options.
Common Outlet Repairs
Do you have electrical outlets that are malfunctioning? It can be due to one of these common issues that our electricians often encounter in Chatham-Kent:
- The outlet doesn’t have power. If you’re plugging in appliances and they’re not working, it can be due to a tripped circuit breaker, loose wires, or a poor connection.
- The outlet covers are hot. This can be caused by loose wiring or a worn receptacle.
- The circuit breaker is tripping. If the breaker keeps tripping it can mean there are too many appliances plugged in, or an appliance is overloading the circuit.
- The plug falls out of the outlet. This can be solved by bending the prongs or replacing the outlets.
When you need plumbing, HVAC, or electrical repairs or replacements, you need expert help. Call Postma Heating & Cooling at 519-354-9491 for appointments in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. We offer on-time services.